Relaxing, Releasing, Rebalancing, Restorative
What is Reiki?
What is Reiki?
- Reiki, meaning ‘universal energy’, is an ancient form of hands-on energy healing, which helps to restore ease and balance to a person as a whole – physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually/energetically.
- Reiki is based on the principle that, at the subtlest level, everything in existence is comprised of energy, including human beings.
- When a person is generally relaxed, healthy and living in tune with their environment, their energy field will remain strong, balanced and free-flowing. However, if they experience excessive external challenge (such as a severe accident or living in an excessively damp environment) or internal stress (such as unresolved emotional experiences), then corresponding parts of their energy field become disrupted, leading to blockage or deficiency.
- In Reiki, the therapist connects to and channels universal ‘life force’ energy into the client’s energy field, via the chakras (energy centres located along the spine), using gentle touch. The energy naturally goes to where its needed, helping to restore balance to the whole person.
- People describe treatments variously as: deeply relaxing, energising, transformative, enhancing sense of well being; greater emotional balance, inducing feelings of joy, peace and contentment, increased self awareness, and a deeper connection to themselves and/or the universe/a higher power.